At Clinect Ltd we collect different types of information about our users for five main reasons:
- To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- To keep customers up-to-date about the products and services they have purchased or subscribed to.
- To fulfil contracted services.
- If we have permission from the user, to market products and services to them.
- About us
- Registration as a subscriber
- Other information about your data
- Updating your personal information
- Who we share data with
- About our advertising
- The protection of your privacy and personal information is important to us. We make sure that not only do we have appropriate security measures in place, but that any other organisation we work with to provide a service also meets the same standard as us.
- We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from us and, if you agree, from other organisations we have carefully chosen. We will make sure that the boxes you need to tick, if you are happy to receive marketing emails, are presented clearly and at an appropriate time.
- We will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it.
- We will collect and use your personal information only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage your subscriptions or process your event registration.
- We will minimise the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the product and services you have requested.
- We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
- We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
- Our websites are accessible via the internet. Please remember that if you post any comments or links on any of our sites that they can be read and accessed by anyone and everyone.
- If we, our service providers, or our commercial partners transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant legal instruments or permissions being in place.
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
We collect information on you:
- when you contact us for information
- when you sign up for a newsletter
- when you download an app
- when you fill out a form to download content
- when you use the website through cookies
- if you choose to reveal information in postings
- if you complete your details on research questionnaires,
Certain services that we provide may involve us collecting extra information (your location or preferred language, for example), so that we can tailor the information we give you better. This may also apply to certain apps that you download, or which we provide.
What legal bases do we use for processing your data?
We use different legal bases depending upon the purpose for collecting your data in the first instance.
- For all data collected to sign up for a product and service such as a newsletter or an event we process the data using Legitimate Interest, i.e. you are able to access an extensive range of information in exchange for supplying your information, and we have a relationship where the balance of benefit is in your favour. You always have a choice in the management of your data in this manner and can opt out of processing under this basis at any time.
- Where you provide data in the course of the purchase of a product we process your data under Contract, i.e. your data is necessary for the fulfilment of the service.
Any additional contact, i.e. telling you about another product or service closely related to the product or service you have bought is managed under legitimate interest.
- Any secondary processing of your data, i.e. sharing with third parties, sending you messages on behalf of third parties, transfer to third countries, is managed under Consent.
Under the terms of current data protection legislation, we will always make it as easy as possible for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the service you have requested.
From time to time we may use some elements of the data you supply to target the messages we send you. For example, we may use your location to send you information about an event which is happening in the same country, or we may use your company type to send you a relevant news story.
None of this information is collated by wholly automated means and the rights and freedoms of the data subject are safeguarded by suitable measures.
How long do you hold on to my data?
Because we collect data for a wide range of purposes, we do not have a singularly defined retention period. For each individual product and service we define a carefully assessed timeframe within which we retain your data.
After this, data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system, minimised and retained for legal reasons or pseudonymised and retained on a global suppression list to ensure that you do not receive unwanted messaging from us.
Registering as a subscriber
The minimum information we need from you to register you as a subscriber is your name, job title, company name and address, landline telephone number and email address. We will ask you more questions for different services, including marketing emails.
We will process data collected for the purpose of facilitating your subscription on the basis of Legitimate Interests to deliver the service for which you have registered or subscribed. We will also, on this basis, contact you occasionally about other relevant Clinect Ltd products and services which we think will interest you. You always have a choice and can opt out of processing on this basis at any time by contacting our Database Manager Celine Gonthier by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other uses of your data
With your permission, we may also send you emails from trusted partners we think may interest you. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to ‘unsubscribe’.
We do not sell your data at any time. We will only share your data with our sponsors and commercial partners with your permission.
Updating your personal information
Under current data privacy legislation, you have the right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your data without undue delay. You may also request access to the data we hold on you.
To do this or to update your personal information at any time please contact our Database Manager Celine Gonthier by email email@example.com
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
- We use other organisations to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons, (information embedded in images which allow them to analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors) e.g. Hubspot
- Placing cookies on your computer means we can show you adverts that you might be interested in, and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been.
- We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preferences for your media player (for example, volume and so on). If we don’t use them, you may not be able to watch some video content. All of our videos are broadcast in YouTube and 3rd party video sharing applications which are embedded on our own website.
- You can turn cookies off but if you do this, you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other advertising. This is because we won’t be able to limit what you see by using cookies. However, you will still be able to see our editorial content.
We use Google Analytics on our sites for anonymous reporting of site usage and for advertising on the site. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our sites please use this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
About our advertising
We may share anonymised behavioural data with advertising partners, including commercial organisations that fund content labelled ‘Supported by’, ‘Paid content/Paid for by’ or ‘Sponsor content/from our sponsors’. This may mean that when you are on other websites, you will be shown advertising based on your behaviour on Clinect Ltd website. We may also show you advertising on our site based on your behaviour on other sites.
If you want to opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising, this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our sites. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customised for you.
Advertising on mobile devices may require the collection and sharing of the unique device ID with companies who purchase advertising space on the mobile application.
Changes to this policy by date